The District Employment Exchange, Subarnapur was started functioning as Employment Sub-Office, with effect from 04.06.1973 and consequent upon formation of new Districts, the Sub–Office upgraded into District Employment Exchange. The jurisdiction of this District Employment Exchange, Subarnapur covers the entire revenue district of Subarnapur.
Prior to up–gradation and functioning of District Employment Exchange, Subarnapur, another Employment Sub-Office has been functioning at Birmaharajpur to cater to the demands of public and its jurisdiction covers only to Birmaharajpur only.
The construction of the departmental building is completed by R&B, Subarnapur & District Employment Exchange, Subarnapur is now functioning in the departmental building from 20.03.2015.
- Vocational Guidance – The prime work of the unit is to suggest the ways and means to the students, unemployed youth and job-seekers to build up their career.
- Collection of Employment Market Information – Collection of statistical manpower data of all employed persons and vacancy position from all public sector and private sector establishments of the district to study the demand of employment market.
- Registration of unemployed Job Seekers of the district and preparation of statistical data of all registered unskilled and skilled unemployed youth.
- Sponsoring of names of job seekers to the Employers befitting qualifications and experience required by them.
- Guidance to the jobseekers for the promotion of self-employment and entrepreneurship.
- Mobilization of jobseekers to skill development training programmes for enhancing their employability.
- Organization of job fairs and Block Level Counselling Camps for access to a wide range of employers for placement opportunities in private sectors.
Details of Services / Schemes reached to the public:-
Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP):
The government of Odisha has launched the Chief Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (CMEGP) in 2014-15 to impart Skill training to 11 lakh youth by 2018-19. The objective of this Programme is to provide employable skill training to 150 youth from each of the Gram Panchayat for improving employability.
All the functions of OSDA are monitored at the district level by District Employment Exchange, Subarnapur. Odisha Skill Development Authority has been established to guide, implement, coordinate and oversee all skill development programs in the state. OSDA works with an overarching mission to bring transformative human development through skilling of youth and making skilled-in-Odisha a Global Brand.
Placement Linked Training Programme (PLTP) of Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA):
A Govt. of Odisha sponsored Skill Development Training Programme under Odisha Skill Development Authority (OSDA) through Private / Government Project Implementing Agencies (PIAs) for skilling youth of Odisha for enabling their Employability.
The dominant Sectors in which the training is being conducted are Electrical, Apparel and Garments, Construction, ICT, Medical and Nursing, Plastic Processing, Refrigeration and Air- Conditioning, Production and Manufacturing, Hospitality, Automotive, Fabrication and Fashion Design.
The training programmes are third-party assessment based and successful trainees are awarded NCVT or SSC certificates. To bring discipline in the implementation of PLTP programmes Bio-metric Attendance in the training Centres and Hostels has been made mandatory. In addition, a uniform dress code for the trainees has also been introduced. Un-employed youths of any category of the district between age group 18-35 years and 5th pass on onwards can be admitted in any residential or non-residential OSDA PLTP training centre in the State run by MoU signed PIAs of OSDA. After completion of skill development training PIA place the candidates in private sector companies / organizations in various different locations in India
PLACEMENT LINKED TRAINING PROGRAMME (PLTP)
|Year||Name of the PIA||Name of the trade.||No. of youth trained.||No. of youth placed.|
|2011-12||C.I.D.C||Masson/Bar Binding/ Carpentry||93||28|
|2012-13||Shree Sahaj||Security Guard/ Hospitality||57||25|
|I L F S||Hospitality||5||1|
|S M O||3||2|
|2013-14||Grass Edn. Trg.||Hospitality||2||1|
|2014-15||AISECT (Tarava Centre)||Tally||40||12|
|AISECT (BMPur Centre)||Tally||40||16|
|AISECT (BMPur Centre)||DTP||40||14|
|2015-16 date||AISECT (BMPur Centre)||Tally||78||0|
|2016-17||AISECT (BMPur Centre)||Tally||96||0|
|2017-18||AISECT, SDC, Sonepur||Tally||141||0|
|Basic Automotive servicing 4 wheeler||60(Continuing)||0|
The statistical appreciation of different items of work done in the District Employment Exchange for last 4 years is given below.
|Sl. No.||Items of work||Year – 2015||Year – 2016||Year – 2017||Year 2018 March 2018|
Break up of live Register.
|+ 3 Arts||756||426||1182|
|+ 3 Science||215||122||337|
|+ 3 Commerce||90||11||101|
Special categories of applicants in the Live Register as on 31.03.2018