Basic Information of Subarnapur District
- Total Population of the District: 652107 (Census 2011)
- Total Subdivision: 2
- District Headquarter Hospital: DHH, Subarnapur
- Sub Divisional Hospital: 01 (Birmaharajpur)
- No of CHC: 05
- No of PHC: 18
- No. of Other Hospital: 2
- No of Sub Centers: 89
- Phone & Fax No- : 06654- 220209
Current institutional arrangements
The district health system has been envisaged as per the norms set up by the state to achieve the objectives of primary health care, which comprises of preventive, curative and promotive health. The Health system based upon the modern medical care has a wide network of health institutions starting from sub-centre level to tertiary level of healthcare institutions. The network of the health system is such that ideally, it can provide health care services at the doorsteps of the common people if properly planned and managed.
Zilla Swasthya Samiti (ZSS) under the co-chairpersonship of the DM & Collector oversees the management and development of Health wing and implementation of the National Health Programmes. There is one District Head Quarter Hospital (DHH) at Subarnapur Municipality, one sub-divisional hospital at Birmaharajpur, 05 – CHCs, 2 – Other Hospitals and 18 – PHC & 89 Sub Centres cater to the healthcare need of the people.
Progress under National Health Mission:
VHND (Mamata Diwas)
Mamata Diwas (VHND) are conducted regularly in all (excluding mini) AWCs of all blocks. A new initiative regarding IYCF (Infant Young Children Feeding) has been started in VHND sessions & mothers are counselled regarding early initiation of breastfeeding, exclusive breastfeeding for six months & then proper supplementary feeding after six months.
07 nos. of institutions have been providing free services under JSSK in Subarnapur district. According to the JSSK guideline both logistic & drugs, etc. are being supplied regularly to all designated institutions as per their demand. Proposed BSUs are assessed for equipments and steps would be taken recently to strengthen and operational of the Blood Storage Units.
New Born Care Corner (NBCC) & New Born Stabilization Unit (NBSU) Establishment & Operationalization
Radiant warmer had been provided to all NBCC designated 09 institutions along with other equipment & instruments. NBSU are being functional at SDH, Birmaharajpur and SNCU at DHH Subarnapur.
RKS have been registered in 18 PHC and 1 Area Hospital & 1 Govt. Hospital, 05 CHCs, 1 SDH & 1 DHH of the district.
The untied fund has been released to all CHCs, PHCs & 89 nos. of Sub-Centres.
Out of total 597 ASHAs allotted to Subarnapur district in three phases, 593 of ASHAs have already been provided induction training and 593 of ASHAs have been provided thematic training through NGOs in PPP mode.
Broad activities of ASHA :
- Out of total 597 sanctioned ASHA, 593 are in position.
- As per the provision for opening of bank account for all ASHAs, 593 bank accounts have already been opened.
- 593 Drug Kits have been provided to ASHAs.
- 593 ASHAs have been trained on NISCHAYA Programme for home based pregnancy test training.
- 593 ASHAs have been trained on Malaria.
- 593 ASHAs have engaged as DOTS provider under RNTCP.
- 593 ASHAs have already been trained on National Leprosy Eradication Programme.
- 292 ASHAs have already been trained on National Blindness Control Programme in 1st phase.
- 593 ASHAs have supplied uniforms.
- 593 ASHAs are attending ASHA Sector Meeting in between 20th -25th of every month.
- 563 cycles have been provided to ASHAs.
- 593 ASHAs are maintaining ASHA Diary at their level.
- ASHA Gruha is functional at DHH, Subarnapur, ASHA Gruha is functioning at 2 FRUs at SDH Birmaharajpur & CHC Dunguripali.
Gaon Kalyan Samiti:
- District wide GKS campaign has completed.
- Out of State target 787 GKS, 787 GKS were formed.
- 787 GKS bank accounts have already been opened.
- Each GKS are being provided with Rs 10,000/- annually.
As delineated in the Orissa Govt. Rules of Business including instructions of Govt. from time to time.
Details of Services Rendered:
- Reproductive and child Health programmes.
- AIDS control programmes.
- Leprosy Elimination.
- Control of Blindness.
- Malaria control.
- Iodine Deficiency disorder control.
- Universal Immunization programme.
- Janani Surakhya.
- I.E.C activities.
- Drugs Control Administration.
- Disease surveillance system.